Search This Blog

Sunday 5 May 2013

Heavenly Lemony Blueberry..sigh...

It's meant to be summer here...it really is. Of course, this wasn't the case a few days ago when it hailed hell fire...and it felt like the world was coming to an end...according to some.  To me, it was merely the sound of the monsoon in India.  The one where you can barely hear your own thoughts let alone listening to another person speak.

So, in my efforts to "force" summer upon us, I decided to bake a Lemon Blueberry Loaf Cake with a Lemon glaze.  Salivating yet? - you should be! It was DELICOUS.  Granted, the recipe wasn't my own..BUT STILL..absolutely divine. So refreshing with just the right notes of sourness from the lemon zest, sweetness from the berries (yes yes,,sugar helped too...) and a slight bitterness from the Spelt flour I used (instead of white flour).  IT WORKED - this morning, blazing sunshine at last.

I got this recipe from Youtube..wherelse?..from a channel called "Joyofbaking1". There is also a website - Joyofbaking.com. Although...it did say Lemon and Blueberry bread..I assure you..its more of a cake.

Presented by a wonderful woman - Stephanie Jaworski (I mentally gave her the title of Baking Guru).  Canadian, living in the U.S.A., this lady can bake ANYTHING you can think of.  From cookies, muffins and simple chocolate cakes to 3 tiered red-velvet cakes, soufflé, éclairs and more!  You think it, she can do it.

What I really love about her videos  -  she gives measurements in both Imperial AND Metric system.  How often have you had to re-calculate because you are used to grams but the  measurements are written out in pounds or ounces! - I hate that. Second, she makes it look so easy, which is the key really, when giving a tutorial of anykind.  If you can make it look simple, it gives confidence to the amateurs...like me who tend to burn or blow up stuff in the oven...yes it happened..I blew up an aubergine once - will never live it down with my husband.

I have tried one other recipe from her as well - Chocolate Fudge cookies, absolutely TO DIE FOR..literally ended up in chocolately cloud number 9..and what's better? -  went down famously with my colleagues.  Maybe I'll post another fully detailed blog for this.  Right now the star of this show is the Heavenly Lemony Blueberry Loaf cake - A definite must try.  The recipe can be found on her website or Youtube channel. Enjoy! nom nom, slurrrrrp!






No comments:

Post a Comment